Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Book Review~The Dispatcher by Ryan David Jahn

Book RatingsBook RatingsBook RatingsBook RatingsBook Ratings
This was the start of a good run of adult suspenseful thrillers on my reading list. I had heard about this title from somewhere and was thrilled when I saw it on NetGalley. It was a good read that took hold right in the beginning and was like a roller coaster ride-you want it to be over, but at the same time you don't want it to stop!

There may well be nothing in the world stronger than a father's love. Ian Hunt proves this again and again throughout this book. To begin with, even though his daughter was kidnapped seven years ago, he never gave up hope that she could be alive. Though it may be a little unbelievable that a father would be able to identify his daughter's voice after seven years, this can be forgiven once one gets caught up in the chase to reunite father and daughter. I know I really enjoyed reading this, but now that I sit here trying to write about it, the incredulity of the story seems abundant. That being said, it really is a thrill-ride and I can forgive the far-fetched little details in exchange for an engaging read.

Thanks to Penguin Group USA, Penguin Books, and NetGalley for access to this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment