Sunday, March 25, 2012

Book Review~Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi

Book RatingsBook RatingsBook Ratings
As a flu epidemic seems to be killing or infecting everyone that hasn't had the AIDS vaccine, Peyton realizes the boy who has been crushing on her forever is actually a decent guy. Decent enough, in fact, to fall in love with. When Peyton's dad tells her that she carries the secret to stopping the plague, she decides to go into the shelter instead of leaving town with Chris, breaking both their hearts.
When she surfaces four years later, her sole mission is to head to Disney World to meet up with her father. Peyton soon finds herself bringing along a rag tag group of children and the boy whose heart she broke on her journey. 

Though a decent zombie story, it shares a lot of similarities with Maberry's Rot & Ruin. I know plenty of kids that will thoroughly enjoy it, even though some of it felt a bit forced. For Chase/Chris to be the very first human for Peyton to see after four years in the shelter was a little too convenient. I actually considered stopping reading right there. The only reason I'm glad I did finish was so I have something to go on when I suggest the book to my students.


Thanks to NetGalley and NLA Digital Liaison Platform LLC for access to this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment