Monday, August 6, 2012

Book Review ~ The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty

Book RatingsBook Ratings
The idea of someone's new boyfriend having a stalker seemed like it could be a rather interesting premise, so I was excited to read this book. There were a few events that were predictable yet unexpected at the same time. You could guess that the stalker would (pretend to) be one of the hypnotist's clients, but you weren't sure which one she was. What was troubling about this book was that it was somewhere between disturbing and on the edge of being scary but was presented in such a matter of fact way that it lacked suspense. Perhaps this was the author's intent and the fact that the hypnotist's boyfriend had a stalker gave her a thrill, rather than a scare was more the point of the story.

I had to struggle a bit to get through it, but could imagine that others may be swept up in the story in a way that I was not. So overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend this book to anyone, but wouldn't tell you it was the worst thing I've ever read, either.

Thanks to G.P. Putnam’s Sons, An imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. for sending me an ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment