Monday, February 7, 2011

Book Review~The Cypress House by Michael Koryta

Book RatingsBook RatingsBook Ratings
Good read, just not as scary as I was expecting from the write-ups about Koryta. As this was my first read by this author, I'm not as eager as I thought (hoped) I'd be to read something else by him.

Arlen's a mysterious guy who is haunted by his "gift" of seeing death in people's eyes. He figures he's just a but shy of the crazy he saw in his father. He's wrestling with many demons that slowly show themselves as the story unfolds. His paternal instinct for Paul makes him endearing even as he comes off as an ass in the way he treats everyone else. When things develop with Rebecca, the story becomes a bit predictable. Wouldn't highly recommend it, but wouldn't tell you not to read it either.

Thanks to Little Brown and Company for providing me with a copy through Goodreads First Reads (and the ability to access to it through Net Galley too).

No comments:

Post a Comment